End Result Of Saying I Don't Have The Time


I am studying sociology and anthropology in Ebonyi state university, Abakaliki. Though I am in my 200 level and I feel so pleased to lecture others in 100 level or some persons aspiring to study sociology in any university.



I make out time to organize classes for those who actually shows interest in it, but to my greatest surprise, I never saw half of those that made move concerning the lectures.

I would still take my time to carry out the reasons why they didn't show up. The truth is I usually get the same answer which is


"I don't have time"
 “Quit saying you don’t have time. You have time for what you make time for in life.”

No doubt, most people in the society today uses the phrase I don't have time excuse.

In life, there is no room for inevitability of being hooked in life. We get hooked in our school life, business life, in our various homes and other spheres of life. There is no way you stay till death without getting hooked. Getting hooked in the sense that chances or time to do one or two things may not be there.


I still what to ask is saying I dont have time the best thing to say?

Today, I will be discussing with you in this article in these areas.

Part A:
I don't have the time meaning

Part B:
End result of saying I don't have the time.


Though there are many phrases you can use instead of saying I dont have the time.

Recently, I was discussing with some of my course Mate in my school and I thought going to secondary schools around or college to inform them about the usefulness and need for us to spread sociology to the whole world especially to Nigerians.

 I felt within me that it is a great idea and after discussing with them they asked if the time is there which simply means
 
"I don't have the time".

I will answer the question and you should also try answering yours in the comment box

"how do you feel when someone says they don't have time for you"?.


Hearing my friends response to my suggestion made me feel so bad. I felt the idea, I myself and my thoughts ain't like thoughts of a scholar.

Kindly make us understand how you felt or how you may feel when that kind of situation encounters you.

 Let's look at the part A of this discus which is " I don't have time meaning "

Part A

Looking at the phrase which has become what people see as an excuse in daily lives. It can be deduced to one thing which means you are not important or a simple no.

So, when people tells you that they don't have time it simply means they are saying no to your request or that you are not important. You are not the  person's priority.


You dont expect everyone one to care for you or take you as one kind king.


Mind you, when people tells you they dont have time it could also mean they dont you to be ahead of them. Saying I dont have time is a sign of leaving you behind so as not to know what they already know.

Quickly let's discuss part B:  end result of saying i dont have the time which is the theme of our discussion.

Part B

Whatever we do in life is either we reap positively or negatively. It is either we rejoice over our actions or we regret our actions.

 When we give people unnecessary  excuses which they don't expect from us, we are likely to be causing some harm or damages to them, to us and to our relationships.


 It is therefore advisable to be conscious of what kind of excuse we give to people, what kind of offer we reject saying "I dont have the time"

The end result you getting when you allow the spirit of not having the time take over you are as follows;


1. You will lose trust with your teammates, friends, colleague and relatives.


Losing trust with your teammates is one end Result you may get when you don't respond to people the way you ought to respond to them.

Your friends trust you with their questions are always hoping for answers. When you don't provide that answers you are losing their trust.
The trust they have for you fades once you begin to give them unnecessary excuses of which I don't have the time is an example.

Next in end result of saying I dont have the time is..

2. It will damage your credibility and liability.


One thing you need to understand that people regard you as a credible and liable individual. They so much believe in you and in your capacity.

Credibility is a state of being trusted and believed in.
Liability is being legally responsible for your actions or for things you do , things you say, things you write. I can say I am liable for this article. Fine! It means I am responsible for it.

The same way goes to you. People see you as being credible, being liable and trustworthy, but when you begin to disappoint them with I don't have time, they will surely lose this credibility and liability they have so placed on you.

3. Your friends and others around you will feel less valued.

Do you know that your actions or responses can make your friends ,family or teammates value you a lot?

The same way it goes to them when you are not responding positively to their problems, they tend to feel a shift off balance and they immediately develop the feeling of less important.

It is actually natural for anyone to feel so way, because all human wants to be  loved, cared for and valued.

"The more we value people around us, the more we will surely be respected and valued equally"

4. It shows you can not "lead the lead"


You can not "lead the lead" simply means those that want them to lead you are walking (lead), but you are not able to lead them.

A leader must not carry everyone along, but must be able and ready to lead. It is only when you are able to lead that you will be regarded as a good leader, a mover and a gatherer.

So, as a good person who has respect for the society showing I don't have the time may bring some of the aforementioned and even more that are not mentioned here as a repercussion of that phrase.


It is better to be plain and straight using phrase like "No, I don't want to" or "I wish to, but... " then you chip in your word.


The individual you are referring to will surely understand rather than saying " I dont have the time "


Comments

Popular posts from this blog